At Cherry Tree Academy, keeping all our pupils safe is our highest priority.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families has a role to play. In order to fulfil this responsibility effectively, all practitioners should make sure their approach is child centred. This means that they should consider, at all times, what is in the best interests of the child.
School and college staff are particularly important, as they are in a position to identify concerns early, provide help for children, promote children’s welfare and prevent concerns from escalating
Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2022)
Miss R Davis - Safeguarding Lead
Mr R Bullivant - Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Miss C Newley - Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Our Safeguarding Approach:
- We are proactive in noticing signs of children's welfare
- We know safeguarding is everyone's responsibility
- We know that a small concern could form part of a bigger jigsaw
- We know how and when to share information
- Are we happy that leaders have dealt with our concern effectively? How do we know?