At Cherry Tree Academy, keeping all our pupils safe is our highest priority.
"Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone's responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families and carers has a role to play in safeguarding children. School staff are particularly important as they are in a position to identify concerns early and provide help for children to prevent concerns from escalating. All school and college staff have a responsibility to provide a safe environment in which children can learn."
Keeping Children Safe in Education (DfE, 2020)
Keeping Children Safe in Education (DfE, 2019)
Mrs A Mason-Woods is the Designated Safeguarding Lead
Miss L Corby is the Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Miss C Newley is the Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Mrs V Chaplin is the Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Our Safeguarding Approach:
- We are proactive in noticing signs of children's welfare
- We know safeguarding is everyone's responsibility
- We know that a small concern could form part of a bigger jigsaw
- We know how and when to share information
- Are we happy that leaders have dealt with our concern effectively? How do we know?
Click here for more information.