We are proud to have the Speech & Language Enhanced Provision at Cherry Tree as we have a strong belief in an inclusive school. There is full disabled access around the school. We teach our children good manners and encourage them to contribute to society by taking part in charity fund raising.
Our school is going through some changes and exciting times as we endeavour to provide the best school experience for our children. I am pleased to be the Head Teacher of Cherry Tree Primary school and welcome you to visit our school.
Louise Venables, Head Teacher
Our mission is that our pupils will develop:
• A set of spiritual and moral values — honesty, integrity and good judgement.
• A complement of basic skills — linguistic, mathematical, scientific, artistic, physical and social.
• An enquiring and discriminating mind and a desire for knowledge.
• Strong self-esteem and high personal expectation.
• Tolerance and respect for others.
We value the partnership that exists between school, parents and the wider community and the part it plays in achieving our mission statement
Cherry Tree opened in September 1979 and caters for boys and girls from our local community and beyond between the ages of 4 to 11. We have huge grounds and attractive classrooms. The school is next to Friday Woods and the children enjoy learning about forest crafts there. The school has an enhanced provision for 15 children with speech and language difficulties. The specialist teaching and support they receive enables them to work and play alongside their peers.
Click here for more information.